You have provided services or sold goods to your customer. To get paid, you need to issue an invoice to your customer.
- New Invoice
- Fill out your invoice
- Invoice Details
- Item Details
- Payment Received
- Notes, Terms & Conditions
- Invoice completed
1. New Invoice
- On the top navigation bar, click on the + button.
- Select New Invoice.
Each section of the invoice screen is explained below:
2. Fill out your invoice
a. Invoice Details
- To - Select the customer you want to send the invoice to. If the customer is not in the list, click on New Customer to create one.
- Invoice # - This is an incremental number that is auto generated by the system. If you need to change the numbering sequence or prefix, click on the invoice number.
- Order # - If you are fulfilling a purchase order you have received from your customer, enter the purchase order number here.
- Date - The date of issue of the invoice.
- Terms - Once a customer is selected from the dropdown, his default payment term will automatically be selected. You can change the payment term to another if required for this particular invoice.
- Due Date - This is the latest date by which the customer must pay the invoice. Based on the term selected above, the due date is automatically calculated and selected. You can change the due date if required.
b. Item Details
- Description - Select an item. An item can be a service or a physical product. If the item is not in the list, click on New Item to create one.
- Qty - Enter the quantity of the item being sold. If this is a service and you bill per hour, enter the number of hours here.
- Unit Price - This is the individual item price. If you provide a service, this is the rate you charge.
- The unit price can be including VAT or excluding VAT, depending on your default settings.
- Disc % - Optional. Enter the discount percentage you want to give your customer a discount.
- Disc Amt - Optional. If you have entered a discount percentage, the discount amount is automatically calculated for you. You can now change the discount amount if required. e.g. to round it to a whole number.
- Total - This is the line total.
- Comments - Optional. Any details to describe the item. e.g. The specifications for a computer.
- Add a Line - Click to add a new line to the invoice.
c. Payment Received
If you have received partial or full payment for the invoice, for your convenience, you can enter the payment received at the moment you are creating the invoice. Alternatively, you can add the payment received after the invoice is created.
- Date Received - The date that the payment was received.
- Reference # - Any number that refers to the receipt. e.g. If you have already given a receipt from a standard receipt book, you can enter the receipt number here.
- Payment Method - The method that was used to pay the invoice. e.g. cash, bank transfer.
- Amount Received - The amount received from your customer. This can be a partial or the full payment amount.
d. Notes, Terms & Conditions
If you have set default notes and terms in your settings, they will appear here when creating an invoice. You can alter the notes and terms for this particular invoice.
- Notes - Any note you want to give your customer. e.g. Thank you.
- Terms & Conditions - Provide you banking details here if you want your customer to pay you via bank transer. You can specify any other terms. e.g. terms related to refunds or returns.
3. Invoice completed